Sweet Potato and Harissa Lasagne with Garlic Bread
@jadesgreenkitchen GET A 10% DISCOUNT WITH JADE10 at the CHECKOUT
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, sliced and diced
- 2 tbsp of harissa paste
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 bags of 250g Passata
- 1 box of sunflower mince
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Spinach, handful
- Lasagne sheets
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Cracked black pepper (Optional)
- Dried oregano
For the white sauce :
- 70g Vegan butter
- 55g Flour
- 500g plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (Optional)
- 1 tsp salt
For the Garlic Bread:
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 rosemary, chopped
- Boil the diced sweet potato for 5 minutes.
- Add a drizzle of oil and diced onions to a heated frying pan. Saute the onion then add the chopped garlic into the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of harissa paste and 1 tbsp of dried oregano into the pan and mix.
- After mixing, add a can of chopped tomatoes, 250g passata evenly mixed.
- Add one box of sunflower mince to the mix and stir.
- Add another 250g passata and the juice of 1 lemon and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mix with chopped fresh basil and stir.
- Add the boiled sweet potato and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add a handful of spinach and let it simmer while making the white sauce.
For the white sauce:
- Melt the butter, add 55g of flour, and mix until a thick roux.
- Slowly add 500g plant-based milk while whisking until thick consistency.
- Add 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 2 tsp of Dijon mustard and 1 tsp of salt and mix.
For the Lasagne:
- Place 1 layer of mince mixture into a tray, add the lasagne sheets on top and place ½ of white sauce, and spread them evenly. Repeat the process until you have fully filled the tray.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast of top, panko breadcrumbs, cracked black pepper, and dried oregano.
- Bake in the oven on 180C for 30-45 minutes.
For the Garlic Bread:
- Add 4 tbsp of vegan butter into a bowl and 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast and mix.
- Add 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 chopped rosemary to the mix and stir.
- Slice your bread into even pieces and add the butter spread on both sides of the bread.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Then serve it together with your lasagne.
Tip: Add water if the onions begin to stick to the pan not oil.
Credit Jade @jadesgreenkitchen